James R. Laski
Jim focuses his practice on real estate development, homeowners’ associations, business organizations, construction, and water law. He also represents the Friedman Memorial Airport Authority and the Galena Groundwater District. In doing so, he regularly represents clients in public meetings, before administrative and regulatory agencies, and in state and federal courts.
Jim regularly represents developers, landlords and tenants, and buyers and sellers of real estate in negotiations and documentation of real estate and construction matters. He represents developers before local land use agencies through the entitlement process and on judicial review. In addition, he also represents water users in perfecting their rights through the Snake River Basin Adjudication and before the Department of Water Resources and State Water Resource Board with respect to water issues including transfers and delivery conflicts.
Jim’s practice also includes business development, including organization and advice to business entities, assistance with private offerings, acting as counsel to lending institutions and representing borrowers in loan workouts, and associated litigation.
Jim is also actively involved in several local nonprofit organizations, including serving on the Boards of Directors of Higher Ground (since 2008; chair 2012-2019); Hailey Ice (since 2009, including construction of the Campion Ice House); and Ballet Sun Valley (since 2016; founding member).
- Lawson Laski Clark, PLLC, Ketchum, ID, 2002-Present
- Hawley, Troxell, Ennis & Hawley, Boise/Ketchum, ID, Associate Attorney, 1996-2002
- The Hon. William F. Moran, Pennsylvania Court of Common Pleas, Law Clerk, 1995-1996
- The Hon. Dolores K. Sloviter, Chief Judge of the U.S. Ct. Appeals, 3rd- Cir. Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, Judicial Extern, 1994-1995
- Widener University School of Law, Wilmington, DE, Juris Doctor, cum laude, 1995, Phi Kappa Phi, Phi Delta Phi, Harrington Inn Honor Chapter, Widener Law Symposium Journal
- College of the Holy Cross, Worcester, MA, Bachelor of Arts in Economics, 1989
Bar Associations, Civic Activities, Family & Interests
- Member: Idaho State Bar Association
- Member: American Bar Association
- Member: Ketchum/Sun Valley Rotary
- Pennsylvania State Bar, Inactive
- Jim is married with two children. His hobbies include skiing, mountain biking, and paddle boarding.